We are always hiring
Join our rapidly expanding team for these career openings.
We value each and every one of our employees and see every individual’s performance as an integral part of our success. We place a large emphasis on valuing one another and showing respect for our employees and our customers. We are committed to continuous improvement through leadership, teamwork and open communication. We are dedicated to quality service and customer care, and we want those who share these values to be a part of our business. We are truly committed to your success and consider your role with us a career, not just a job!
Current Job Openings
Senior Project Manager – Geotechnical Engineer (Job #: SB20-0009)
Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer (Job #: SB20-010)
GeoTriangle Consulting Inc. is an engineering and geoscience consulting firm, which provides professional engineering services, technical advice and solutions across Canada to clients in mining industries as well as geotechnical and rock & soil mechanics projects. We have expertise in geotechnical engineering and mining fields, such as dams/dykes, canals, tunnels and underground structures, highways, pipelines, buildings, bridges, etc. Our focus is on the industries of Mining, Dam & Hydropower, Oil & Gas, and Infrastructure & Transportation.
The successful candidates will manage and consult on projects across Canada. Assignments will include geotechnical characterization and applying soil/rock mechanics principles to the projects such as surface and underground structures, dams, foundations, etc. This work will involve full project scopes from conceptual studies to the detailed design and construction stage and liaising with other technical specialists as required. The positions involve working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects and may include national travel to study sites. Details on the job location will be discussed during the interview phase.
- Communicate with clients, agencies, stakeholders and the public, and developing and maintaining business relationships with them;
- Manage projects including project team direction, coordination, monitoring schedules, and budgets;
- Liaise and coordinating with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, and third parties to accomplish the required project objectives;
- Preparing proposals for geotechnical and soil/rock mechanics services for civil engineering projects that include cost estimates and schedule;
- Directing and supervising field activities, including installation, investigation, monitoring and testing services on construction projects;
- Reviewing and interpreting monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation programs;
- Carrying out analysis of data, including computer analyses;
- Attending project meetings and carrying out site inspections when technical guidance and support is required;
- Writing and reviewing technical reports;
- Assign, direct, and review work undertaken by staff to ensure that projects and submittals are completed to a high degree of accuracy;
- Coaching, mentoring and developing technicians and junior geotechnical employees.
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements)
- Undergraduate degree in geological, mining or geotechnical engineering required (postgraduate is considered an asset);
- 8 to 10 (Senior positions) and 3 to 5 (Intermediate positions) years of Relevant Canadian Experience in geotechnical and soil/rock mechanics engineering activities in industry;
- Practical experience in geotechnical logging, mapping, evaluation, and soil/rock characterization;
- Practical experience in dam safety engineering (inspection, review, etc.)
- Practical experience in geotechnical instrumentation, data acquisition, monitoring, and analysis;
- Proficiency in geotechnical and geomechanical analysis software; such as Itasca, Geo-Studio, and Rocscience programs;
- Hydrogeology experience is considered an asset;
- Credible knowledge of relevant municipal, provincial and design standards;
- Strong project management, technical and analytical skills;
- Strong technical writing skills; experienced in the preparation of correspondence, reports, and proposals;
- Effective verbal communicator, including presentation, facilitation and listening skills;
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills. French skills are considered an asset;
- Must be willing to travel across Canada, as required;
- The ability to work in a team under the leadership of a senior/principal engineer;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer of Ontario (P. Eng.) and in good standing, or eligible to obtain P. Eng. within 1 year;
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
Hot to Apply
Applicants should respond by forwarding their resume along with a cover letter and quote Job # to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, ONLY candidates under consideration will be contacted directly for further evaluation.